Thursday, June 13, 2013

Checking out this Chicken Inasal

If you have been following this blog, you must have noticed that I have a particular liking for ready-made sauces.  I do because they make life easier . . .because I don't have to go and look for some special ingredients, haha!  Here's another proof that I am. . . Mama Sita's Insasal mix!


"Inasal" means roasted and is a kind of Filipino barbecue which originates from Bacolod, a city in the South of Philippines.  (If I don't have the right info, please feel free to correct me)  Though I know that Iloilo (another city in the South) also has their Inasal version.  Inasal has a more savory taste (its marinade consists of coconut vinegar, lemongrass, ginger, garlic to name a few)  as compared to the traditional Filipino barbecue which is sweeter since the marinade has sugar and banana catsup.  

For this super easy and super quick to prepare recipe, you only need a kilo of chicken and Mama Sita's Inasal mix (175 ml/pouch).  Marinade the chicken in the Mix, for at least three hours or best, if you let it sit on it overnight.
Make a few slits on the meat so the seasoning gets absorbed by the meat

You will also need achuete (annatto) oil to baste your chicken while grilling it.  Please click on this link to learn how to prepare the annatto oil.  Thank you Panlasang Pinoy!



Never thought I'll be able to prepare my own atsuete oil =)  It's really easy!


Set-up your grill and it's barbecue time!  

In manning the grill, Patience is a virtue, haha!

Looking good!

I know, I know. . . it's quite charred!  Haha!

Serve the chicken with rice, drizzle some annatto oil in it and top it with fried garlic bits!   Yum!  Oh and don't forget the dipping sauce. . . we used calamansi and toyo.  The other dipping sauce that is also paired with Inasal is vinegar with garlic, shallots and ginger.   

I am so happy with Mama Sita's Inasal Mix that I have already bought again! 

BUT there is a Chicken Inasal recipe I saw (by Panlasang Pinoy) which I want to try . . . and I will, as long as I find lemon grass and coconut vinegar!  Heehee


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...