Monday, June 24, 2013

Remembering Dr. Seuss

I grew up reading Dr. Seuss books.  I remember reading "Green Eggs and Ham", "Cat in the Hat" and my most favorite is . . .

Photo source

Trivia: This is Dr. Seuss first book, published in 1937 . .  .
after being rejected 27 times! 

We have a good number of  Dr. Seuss books or rather we HAD!  I thought of looking for them today so I can read them to Ate and for me to enjoy the books again.  Sad to say, my mom gave them away. (Waaaahhhh!  Thinking about those books still breaks my heart while I write this post) . . . But it's okay, let's share our love for Dr. Seuss! 

Back then I just remember the funny drawings and the different way the stories were written (because they don't begin with "Once upon a time", haha!) that they sounded more of a riddle than a story.  Now that I'm older, I appreciate the uniqueness of Dr. Seuss and the valuable lessons from his whimsical books. 

In memory of our Dr Seuss and his books (and the books we've lost, haha!), here are some inspiring quotes:

All images and quotes are from this link (www.babble.com)











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...