Sunday, September 28, 2014

Say Cheese! (A Pinoy Cheese Cupcake Recipe)

I am excited to share with you this new recipe which I tried yesterday!

I've been baking different cupcakes (banana, blueberry, carrot) but I haven't baked something which has that Filipino flavor.  So for a change, I thought of baking Filipino Cheese Cupcake!  I miss home and I have all the ingredients I need! Haha!  I have a big block (it's big that I still have some left after doing this recipe, haha) of cheddar cheese that was meant for the Mac and Cheese of the kids and a jar of condensed milk.  I think it's the condensed milk that makes this Cheese Cupcake truly Pinoy because we have a sweet tooth (not an expert answer, just an opinion haha!).  

Cheese and Condensed Milk?!  I am getting excited!  It's a good play of flavors right?

I got the recipe from Kawaling Pinoy (which has become one of my favorite sources for recipes). This cupcake recipe is easy to make and easy to follow that you can bake some for breakfast.  It has the right sweetness (for us) and a good balance of flavors from the cheese and condensed milk.  Definitely a keeper!  

Having one of this and coffee (or your favorite hot drink) . . . is pure joy. 

Hope you like it too =)


You get that golden brown crust on top

And a moist and fluffy cake inside with cheese bits!

This recipe is from Kawaling Pinoy.
Ingredients
  • 1-3/4 cups flour, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup quick-melt cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
  2. In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs.
  3. Beginning and ending with flour mixture, add flour mixture in thirds and 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk in between. Beat at low speed with every addition.
  4. Add quick-melt cheese and stir to combine.
  5. Using a scoop or spoon, fill paper-lined muffin cups to 3/4 full. Top with cheddar cheese and bake in a 350 F oven for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and top is golden. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...