Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Filipino Chicken Curry

Sometimes, I get sudden cravings for curry.  And when this strikes, I just cook Chicken Curry (Filipino Style).  I have to put Filipino style because there are also curry dishes in Indian, Japanese, Thai cuisine.  I am not a food expert so I can't answer what makes Filipino chicken curry. . . well Filipino, haha!  But if my taste buds serve me right, I think the Filipino style is milder in taste.

Here is an easy and "tried and tested" Filipino Chicken Curry recipe from Panlasang Pinoy. 

I hope you like it as much as I do. =)

Happy Cooking!

WARNING:  If you are in a "no carb, no rice diet", this recipe is not for you, haha!  Because I can't imagine eating this WITHOUT any carbs! 

And for those who are not on diet, you may need more than one cup of rice! =)






Personal recipe Notes:
- Before I fried the chicken pieces, I rubbed some salt on them.
- Instead of using 1 cup of water, I used 1 cup of canned chicken stock and 1/2 cup of water
- I added some green peas because I have some sitting in the fridge (you can add your favorite veggies too) 


Ingredients
  • 2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
  • 1 big potato, chopped
  • 1 tbsp garlic, minced
  • 3 stalks celery, cut into 2 inches length
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 thumb ginger, cut into strips
  • 1 cup water
Instructions
  1. Pan-fry the potato and set aside
  2. Pan-fry the chicken and set aside
  3. In the pan where the chicken was pan-fried, sauté the garlic, onion and ginger
  4. Add the pan-fried chicken, fish sauce, and curry powder
  5. Add water and simmer until the chicken is tender
  6. Put-in the red bell pepper, celery, and pan fried-potato then simmer for 5 minutes
  7. Add the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...