Saturday, September 27, 2014

Easy Dessert Recipe: No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake

Food cravings come and go but my craving for blueberry hasn't stopped! (Not pregnant!)

Last week, I thought of making a No-bake Blueberry Cheesecake.  Actually, I prefer the baked kind. However, the No-Bake one holds a special place in my heart. The first time I ever had one was in high school when D (a very dear friend) made one for our get-together.  It was love at first bite!   (Back then, the only dessert for me would be anything that has chocolate in it, haha!)  I think this was how my romance with blueberries started. =)

So I googled, saw a lot of recipes, compared and finally. . . picked Mom-Friday's take on this no-bake cheesecake recipe.  

What do I like about it?  I like that it was her Mom's recipe.  There's something special about recipes which you learn from your parents. . . . and she used cinnamon for the crust, haha!  I'm glad I did! We love it! The recipe had the taste I was looking for.  While making and eating this cheesecake, a wave of nostalgia swept over me.  It brought me back to high school and to my childhood friends, our Christmas get-togethers with endless stories and laughter.

It is amazing how food fills our appetite and our hearts at the same time. =)

For the complete recipe, please click on this link which will bring you to My Mom Friday's recipe.   She has a detailed instructions and pictures for the recipe.

Happy Weekend and Happy Baking . . . I mean, Happy No-Baking! =)











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...