Thursday, September 4, 2014

BERRY Beautiful Summer!

We are lucky to have enjoyed two Summers this year!  When we left Philippines, Summer was about to end and when we arrived LA, Summer was just about to start in this side of the world!

One thing I like about Summer in the US is the abundance of fresh produce.  All of the fruits I've had were sweet and juicy (seedless watermelon is my favorite) and I had some really sweet yellow corn!

In a trip to COSTCO (a happy place of mine), I saw these beautiful strawberries and got one tub (while they are in season!).  How do you eat your strawberries? I just eat them fresh, as they are.  Sometimes, if they are not that sweet, I dip them in sugar.  Hubby on the other hand likes to pour condensed milk over them.

In another trip, I saw fresh blueberries that were so cheap that I had to get some, haha!  I haven't tried eating fresh blueberries but I knew what I wanted to do with them.  I thought of baking blueberry muffins!
T



The muffins turned out well but they can be better. =)

Since last week, I have been craving for anything that has blueberry in it! (Not pregnant!)

So I googled for other blueberry muffin recipes that are easy to make.  I found one from Sally's Baking Addiction and tried her Buttery Blueberry Streusel Muffins.  While the recipe calls for fresh blueberries (which I don't have), I just used canned blueberry which also worked well. (I just rinsed them gently with water).  There was one ingredient which this recipe has which I didn't use in the first recipe I tried----yogurt! Sally says Yogurt makes the muffin more moist. =)  


They also look prettier than the first batch I baked, heehee =)



I am so happy how this recipe turned out!  The muffins were berry good and moist (though Hubby likes a to add a little bit more of sweetness to them).  

I finally found the One, my favorite Blueberry Muffin recipe, definitely a keeper! =)

Happy Baking!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...