Monday, September 22, 2014

My Favorite Breaded Chicken Recipe

I have blogged about my favorite banana cupcake recipes in previous posts.  Today, I am going to share with you another recipe which I've tried , tested and loved!  It's a recipe which made me say. . . I should have cooked more!  Haha!  (I only tried it for a few pieces of chicken unfortunately.)

For dinner, we planned on having fried chicken marinated in soy sauce and lemon which we usually have.  So I thought of googling for other Filipino fried chicken recipes and came across Panlasang Pinoy's Garlic Fried Chicken.

When I try a recipe, I follow it and do a little bit of tweaking.  For this recipe, I did some prep work on the chicken.

I thought of marinading the chicken in Buttermilk because it has been said that it helps in tenderizing the chicken meat and it also helps the coating mixture to adhere when you fry it in oil.   

I didn't have buttermilk so I made a substitute.  For every cup of milk, put 1 tbsp of vinegar and let it rest for at least 10 mins.  If the milk is ready, put some garlic powder, salt and pepper in it.  And I marinated it for eight hours.  If you don't have time, I suggest you marinade the chicken for at least an hour or two.

After marinading the chicken meat, I just followed Panlasang Pinoy's Garlic Fried Chicken Recipe (shown below). 

The chicken was so moist and tender (I used the breast part), and garlicky!  We ate it with UFC Banana catsup and this reminded me of the fried chicken I've eaten in some Filipino gatherings.  It was everything I hoped for!  Hubby loved it too that I think we will have Fried Chicken again this week, haha!  

When you fry the chicken, use medium heat to make sure the meat is cooked and you get that golden color for your chicken.

Hope you like it as much as we do!




*This recipe is from Panlasang Pinoy.

Garlic Fried Chicken Recipe

Ingredients

  • 1 to 1 1/2 lb chicken, sliced into serving pieces
  • 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 piece raw egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 3 cups cooking oil

Cooking Procedure

  1. Combine salt, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, Panko Bread crumbs, and all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. Mix well and set aside.
  2. Combine the egg and milk in another bowl, and whisk. Set aside.
  3. Dip the chicken slices in the egg and milk mixture, and then roll in the flour, bred crumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika mixture until all the sides are evenly coated.
  4. Heat a deep cooking pot and pour-in the cooking oil.
  5. When the oil becomes hot, deep-fry the coated chicken in medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes or until the color turns golden brown. Note: Do not use high heat as it will cook the outer part of the chicken right away while leaving the inside uncooked.
  6. Turn-off the heat, and then remove the garlic fried chicken from the pot. Let the excess oil drip.
  7. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with KFC gravy.
  8. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 3


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...