Sunday, May 13, 2018

My New Favorite Vegetable Recipe - Broccoli Patties!

Hello everyone!!!!

It has been a long time (like loooonnnngg!) since I posted something on the blog.  How long?  Well, let's put it this way, I haven't even finished writing a post from last year's annual family vacation and we will be taking another one in a couple of months! LOL

Since my last post, what has been going on in our casa?  Well, our Princess is now a 1st Grader and our little (not so little now) boy entered a Pre-school program.  I am still doing some part time work which I absolutely love.  So these. . .  plus everything else that needs to be done for the house and for the family pretty sums up what I've been busy with all these time.  

I haven't even done much baking (something which I love doing) and haven't tried any new recipes as well.  But today is a good day to blog because I am sooo excited to share with you a new recipe which I tried (and loved!) just this afternoon!

Broccoli is my favorite vegetable.  I love roasting them with olive oil, garlic and salt.  But I got lazy the other day so I just blanched them and ate them with my favorite salad dressing.  Then I got bored eating them like that so I had to look for another recipe to make my meals more interesting, haha.  I am lucky to have found this recipe from Just A Pinch !  (Please click on it to get the recipe).

BROCCOLI PATTIES!




How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways:

1. These patties are superb because they have broccoli (a superfood!) in it.

2. There is cheeeese in it!  Not one. . .but 3 (Parmesan, Cheddar and Mozza)!
*The only thing I added which was not in the original recipe was some Mozzarella cheese because. . . wait, do we need any reason to use more cheese?  Haha

3. The best thing about these patties are. . . . they are BAKED, not fried.  I repeat, NOT FRIED!!!





I would like to believe that it is still "healthy" even when there are 3 kinds of cheese in it, haha.  

Well, I think the fact that they are not deep fried is good enough reason to say this dish is healthy-ish? *silly grin here*

If cheese is made of milk and milk is good for the body, I therefore conclude that. . . cheese is good for our body!  LOL

As much as I like it, my picky eaters stayed away from it!  Aaarrggh.  I was hoping I can trick them into eating veggies by showing them the crusty, melted cheese on the patties!  Yummm!  These kids of mine don't know what they are missing!    

If your kids are not picky as mine, this dish is a good way for them to eat their veggies too.

This recipe is definitely a winner in my book because it is easy, tasty and healthy! =)

Hope you will like it as much as I do.  😁

By the way, try these patties with your favorite creamy salad dressing like Ranch.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...