Sunday, March 4, 2012

Summer Drink: Yeo's Winter Melon Tea

The Summer talk doesn't end with the Polka Dot Bikini post (teehee).  Just want to share with you one of my favorite drinks which I think will be a good summer drink because it is refreshing!

Photo Source

While visiting friends in Singapore a few years ago, they let me try a drink (without telling me what it was) and I was pleasantly surprised to know that it was made from winter melon ("Kundol" to Filipinos).  So when I saw this at the supermarket, I got some to see if it has the same taste (I wasn't sure if it was the same brand I had in Sing, all I remember was it was winter melon, haha!) and it does!  I like this drink because the taste sort of reminds me of a popular Filipino refreshment (another fave of mine) called "sago't gulaman" (a drink made of caramelized sugar that comes with tapioca pearls and gelatin)

I'm sooo happy this is available in our local supermarket now!  

Just in case you try this drink, I hope you like it as much as I did =)

P.S. Please make sure that you drink it ICE-COLD!  (Very Important)
(I actually put mine in the ref for a few days and still put ice when I drink it, haha!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Saang supermarket? Wala sa sm kasi

Ana said...

Hello! =) I think I got it in SM or Walter Mart =) Though hindi siya always available. I hope you find it! And I hope you will like it too =) Thanks for dropping by. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...