Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bookshelf: "Your Emergency Survival Handbook"

My dad asked me to get this book for him (it was being discussed in a radio/tv show he was watching).


Photo Source

I can't really remember when was the last time my dad read a book (or if he really does?! Haha!), so when he asked me to get this book, I made sure I put it on top of my "things-to-do" list.  And being the good daughter I am (Ahem!  Teehee), I got it the same week he asked me to.

Me: Hi Dad, got your book already! *giddy*

Dad: What book?

Me:  The Emergency Survival Handbook you saw in the tv show. 

Dad: Oh okay, YOU read it and just tell me what it's all about.

*Facepalm*  Haha!  I knew this was too good to be true! 


I haven't gotten the chance to read the book but I was browsing it and I saw a Chapter where it talks about the different types of disaster and what do before, during and after the said disaster.  What is also nice about this book is since it was written by a Filipino (Paloma),  there are some information and things that are Philippine-specific. 

I know that disaster strikes unexpectedly and we would probably won't be able to do most of what is written in the book.  But I think that reading the book would at least create an awareness and a certain preparedness in us in times of emergency.

Note to self: Please start reading! 



Available in National Bookstore and Powerbooks - Php 295.00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...