Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"8"

Photo Source

Eight is my favorite number because . . . 

1. It's our wedding day (February 8)

2. It is considered a lucky number by the Chinese.  As explained in Wikipedia:
The word for "eight" (八 Pinyin: bā) sounds similar to the word which means "prosper" or "wealth" ( – short for "發財", Pinyin: fā). In regional dialects the words for "eight" and "fortune" are also similar, e.g. Cantonese "baat3" and "faat3". 

3.  Because to date, this is the number of pounds I've lost since I started walking (and doing some tae-bo) 2 months ago.  That puts around 1 lb lost per week.  It may not be much but I'm really happy (and thankful!) with it!  As I've mentioned in my earlier post, I'm doing all of these in baby steps.  

How many more to go?  I think I'll just keep that to myself, haha!

Good Morning everyone! =) 

  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...