Friday, April 19, 2013

Pesto in a Pouch

I love Pesto!  It's one of my favorite (or probably is!) pasta sauces.  I like it in pasta, in sandwiches, as a dip . . . anything where you can put pesto in it!  But I've never tried making my own pesto.  (I will . . . one of these days, haha!)  I just buy the bottled ones I see at the grocery.  I don't have a favorite brand since they just taste umm ok.  Nothing compares of course to freshly made pesto (basil leaves, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts).  But I am happy to say that I finally found "the pesto" for me (the ready made kind). . . and it came in a pouch!

Clara Ole
Image from www.claraole.com

It tasted better than I expected!  It had the garlicky pesto flavor I was looking for and the pasta looked good with the sauce, haha!  I will definitely buy hoard some more =)

Just like  the other Clara Ole products I've blogged about in the past (marinade sauce and the Kung Pao pasta sauce), this Cheesy Pesto sauce didn't disappoint too.  I am now officially a Clara Ole fan. . . that I'm going to "Like" them in Facebook, Haha!

Tuna Pesto Pasta
My sister's lunch box =)

For this quick Tuna with Pesto pasta recipe, I used the following ingredients:

- Olive oil 
- Garlic
- Clara Ole Pesto sauce
- 250 g of Pasta
- Canned tuna flakes (I always use the spicy one)
- Black Olives
- Button mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Cook pasta as instructed in the box.
2. Saute garlic, add the tuna, mushrooms and black olives
3. Add the pesto sauce and stir.
4. Add the pasta noodles.
5. Season with salt and pepper if needed.

Bon Appetit!

Have a nice weekend ahead!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...