Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Our Favorite Pancake Mix

Pancakes (also called "hotcakes" or "flapjacks") are one of my favorite breakfast food.  It has become the Little Miss' fave as well.  We have tried so many brands before (both local and imported) but I found the pancakes to be dry and bland . . .the thing that made them good?  Butter and maple syrup, haha!  But I'm happy to say, our search for a good pancake mix is over.  

Thanks to . . . 


I am not a pancake expert and I'm sure there are better mixes and recipes out there.  Just saying that this is the best among all the mixes we've tried.  

The pancakes did turn out fluffy and tasty.  One thing I like about this brand is each box contains two- 250 gram packs of the mix.  You can make 6-8 pancakes in each pack.  Directions for preparing the pancake is found at the box.  However, I tweaked their recipe a little bit since the pancakes were a little bit thick to our liking.  Instead of adding 3/4 cup of water, I used 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.  Another thing I like about it?  Among all the mixes I've tried, Maya gave me the prettiest homemade pancakes, heehee.

    
Since I love sharing my finds to friends, I told a group of friends about the Maya mix and lo and behold, they know about it and that they actually grew up eating this!  So yes, for this particular find, I am the last to know,  hahaha!

But as they say, better late than never! 

And yep, it's going to be pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!!!


I  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...