Sunday, April 21, 2013

If I could go anywhere right now . . .

I would fly to Singapore to eat these local favorites . . .

Black Fried Carrot Cake - my all time fave!  It comes in black and white (I prefer the black kind).  The "carrot cake" is a misnomer since this local specialty is not made of carrots but of radish and flour.  (Some recipes I saw in the Net though have grated carrots in them.)  The "carrot cake" is then stir fried with other ingredients like samballl!!! (yum!) and a sweet dark sauce (this is what makes it black) and egg.  I can eat this everyday!  (Swear!)  

Fried Carrot Cake, Black @ Makansutra Gluttons Bay
Photo source

BBQ Chicken Wings - I know we all have our own fave BBQ chicken but these wings are on top of my list!  It was love at first taste for me!  They may look ordinary and not heavily sauced (which I like) but they burst with such great flavor that one order is not enough, haha!  I saw a recipe for these Singapore wings here and would try it one of these days.  (and hopefully they turn out the way they are supposed to) 
Grilled Chicken Wings @ Makansutra Gluttons Bay
Photo source

Char Kway Teow - This is always the first thing I have when I am in Singapore, be it in the hotel or in the food court.  It is a noodle dish that is packed with so much flavor because of its ingredients.  I'll just let the photo below do the talking, heehee.  
Char Kway Teow @ Chomp Chomp Hawker Centre
Photo source

But more than the  food, I would love to go to Singapore to visit and catch up with good friends I've made who call this food haven their home (and to some them, their new home).  

Surely, the best way to enjoy all these glorious food is to share and eat it with good friends! =)

Hope you all had an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...