Saturday, November 10, 2012

Tonight's Dinner: Garlic Butter Shrimps

I wanted to eat shrimps again but I want to save myself from some work (heehee).  So I cooked something which didn't need me to do some peeling and deveining!  (So that means no Gambas for tonight, haha!).  If you're looking for an easy peasy shrimp recipe, this Garlic Butter Shrimp is the answer.  (Garlic and Butter?  Love, love, love!)  Found this recipe in Panlasang Pinoy's website and added a few touches of my own. 

For the original recipe, you can go to this link.
Ingredients
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- Garlic - okay, LOTS of garlic, heehee
- Ginger - chopped - I used a thumb size of ginger
- 1 can of lemon soda
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder - (as if the chopped garlic isn't enough, haha!)
- spring onions - chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar (my star ingredient, haha!)

Cooking Directions
  1. Marinade the shrimp in lemon soda for at least 30 minutes.  I used at least half of the canned soda (just make sure your shrimps are covered with the soda)
  2. Melt the butter in a pan and add the garlic and cook it until the color turns light to golden brown.
  3. Put the shrimp and let it cook (wait for it to get that nice orange color)
  4. Pour-in the remaining lemon soda. 
  5. Add salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder - according to your taste
  6. Let it boil until the liquid is slightly reduced
  7. Add the brown sugar (and let it do it's magic, haha!) and reduce the liquid a little bit more - according to the consistency you want
  8. Put the green onions and give it a stir .quid
  9. Serve it with hot steaming rice and a smile =)
I love this recipe!  It's simple, fast and YUMMM!  I'm glad I added brown sugar, I got that taste I was looking for. . .and next time, I'm going to cook 2 lbs of shrimp! Haha!

Yes, we got happy tummies after dinner!

Happy Cooking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...