Saturday, November 24, 2012

Of Thanksgiving and Good News

I grew up in Philippines where Christmas is the most anticipated and most celebrated Holiday.  But thanks to Auntie S, our American family friend (and neighbor), we also had a "taste" of what Thanksgiving is like.  During Thanksgiving, she would send over some of her Roasted Turkey with stuffing, cranberry and gravy sauce and for dessert, her awesome baked sweet potato topped with marshmallows.  Because of her, I grew to love eating Turkey!

It is my second time to spend Thanksgiving here in the US . . . but the funny part is, I haven't had turkey, Haha!  (We usually have a Filipino fare for Thanksgiving. . . Oh this year, we had roasted turkey ham!).  I was telling Zola's Dad that I hope we can get some Roasted Turkey and the works. . . somewhere. . . even after Thanksgiving, Haha!  

But more than this Turkey story, I would like to share with you some good news for this Thanksgiving. . . .

 
Yes, we are having a BOYYYY!!!!


I had an ultra sound a few weeks ago and everything looked good for our baby boy!  I cried when they told me he was a boy.  Well, besides being hormonal (Haha!), I cried because I just feel so blessed in my life.  I was overwhelmed with God's love and grateful that He answered my prayers. . . AGAIN!

I will be the first one to tell you that I am not the most prayerful person you will meet (but I would like to believe that I've developed a personal relationship with God).  I forget to say my prayers, there are times I fall asleep when I pray the rosary, and I know, there are times that I take Him for granted.  But in spite of my shortcomings, it amazes me how He makes His presence felt in my life. 

In my life experiences, I learned and witnessed that God answers our prayers. . . and if you ask me why He doesn't answer some, I don't have an answer to that question.  But I do know that He loves us so much, that He has a reason for letting things happen . . .and that He gives us what is best for us . . . in His perfect time.

Happy Thanksgiving!  There are so many things to be thankful for!

I wish you beautiful days ahead filled with good news! =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...