One of my favorite seafood is Shrimp. I haven't had shrimps for quite some time so I bought some from the grocery last week but haven't gotten around to cooking them yet. Since we are staying home today, I thought of cooking them for lunch. I was choosing between two recipes, Butter Garlic Shrimps or Shrimp Gambas. I haven't tried cooking the latter one, so I thought of challenging myself by trying a new recipe.
I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy, one of our favorite sites for Filipino recipes.
I made some minor tweaking though. I added butter too as I sauteed the garlic in olive oil. Don't you think butter just makes this world a
butter. . .i mean better and happier place? Haha! And instead of tomato sauce, I used tomato catsup (only reason being I don't want to open a can of tomato sauce only to use a small portion of it)
It is an easy to follow and easy to do recipe . . . a go-to recipe if you want to cook to impress!
My Verdict: Kitchen-tested, HUSBAND-APPROVED!
|We only stopped eating because there was no more rice left, haha!|
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup green chili, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine lemon juice and shrimp and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Pour cooking oil in a wok of frying pan then apply heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the onions and red bell pepper then cook until the texture softens.
- Put-in the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooking rice wine, salt, and pepper then cook for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put-in the hot sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
- Heat a sizzling plate and transfer the shrimp along with the other ingredients.
- Top with sliced green chilies and serve.
- Share and enjoy!