Thursday, October 18, 2012

Today's Lunch: Shrimp Gambas

One of my favorite seafood is Shrimp.  I haven't had shrimps for quite some time so I bought some from the grocery last week but haven't gotten around to cooking them yet.  Since we are staying home today, I thought of cooking them for lunch.  I was choosing between two recipes, Butter Garlic Shrimps or Shrimp Gambas.  I haven't tried cooking the latter one, so I thought of challenging myself by trying a new recipe.

I got this recipe from Panlasang Pinoy, one of our favorite sites for Filipino recipes.  

I made some minor tweaking though.  I added butter too as I sauteed the garlic in olive oil.  Don't you think butter just makes this world a butter. . .i mean better and happier place?  Haha!  And instead of tomato sauce, I used tomato catsup (only reason being I don't want to open a can of tomato sauce only to use a small portion of it)

It is an easy to follow and easy to do recipe . . . a go-to recipe if you want to cook to impress! 

My Verdict:  Kitchen-tested, HUSBAND-APPROVED!




We only stopped eating because there was no more rice left, haha!

 Ingredients
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup green chili, sliced diagonally
  • 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup cooking oil or olive oil
  • 1 medium-sized onion, quartered
  • 2 tablespoons cooking rice wine
  • 1/4 cup tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons chili sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
 Cooking Procedure
  1. Combine lemon juice and shrimp and marinade for 30 minutes.
  2. Pour cooking oil in a wok of frying pan then apply heat.
  3. When the oil is hot enough, put-in the garlic and cook until the color turns light brown.
  4. Add the onions and red bell pepper then cook until the texture softens.
  5. Put-in the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes.
  6. Add the cooking rice wine, salt, and pepper then cook for another minute.
  7. Add the tomato sauce and stir. Cook for 2 minutes.
  8. Put-in the hot sauce and simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside.
  9. Heat a sizzling plate and transfer the shrimp along with the other ingredients.
  10. Top with sliced green chilies and serve.
  11. Share and enjoy!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...