Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Travel Light

When I was still working, I always want to travel light for my business trips.  Traveling light for me meant packing enough clothes to wear (I already plan what to wear each day), one pair of shoes (I try!  Haha!) that would match all my work clothes . . .but STILL, I use a regular-sized luggage, haha!  Confession to make ---The extra space is for a "just in case". . . for "new stuff" I might get during the trip (read shopping, hehe)  

Just want to share with you an article I read in The NY Times which is really helpful for travelers.  It shows how a flight stewardess can pack her stuff (good for 10 days) in a Carry-On.  All of us have different travel needs/essentials but I think we can learn a thing or two from her.  (I usually fold my clothes but I'm rolling them now!)

Photo Source

The article is in a slideshow.  To view it, please click on this link.

While writing this post, a thought just set-in. . ."traveling light" doesn't only apply to the trips that we take but also how we live our lives.  Life is a long journey.  Travel light and let go of the things that hurt you in the past.  Leave the pain that can't make you move on, the worries that weaken you and the fears that undermine your growth.  Let go and Live. .. and Be Happy =)

Have a blessed and meaningful Holy Week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...