Saturday, April 28, 2012

"C" is for Delizioso!

I'm not sure exactly when or how I heard about C' Italian Dining but there is one thing I am sure of. . . that their Panizza is a must-try (it is the home of the original Panizza after all).  This restaurant opened its doors in 2004 and since then, it has become a popular dining place that people from Manila take the 2-hour drive (depending on traffic) to Pampanga (which is located North of Manila) just to have a taste of this Panizza.

I've been meaning to try this place but just couldn't find the right time.  And since it's easy for me to go there (since I live in Pampanga), I was taking my time, haha!  Enough of this dilly dallying . .. so last week, I caught up with a friend over lunch at this place.

Let's see what the buzz is all about, shall we?

We started our meal with a complimentary bread (which was soft and served warm --- Thank you!) and pesto dip (so good!  you know you're in an authentic Italian place if your pesto tastes fresh and did NOT come out of a bottle, haha!  At this point, I knew we were off to a good start)

I can have this everyday!

We ordered their famous Panizza, just one of the many reasons (delightful reasons if I may say so) which put them in the culinary map of Pampanga.

Panizza Kristina
We had the Kristina, which was topped with bacon, ham, caramelized onion, mushroom. . . and sundried tomatoes! (YUM!)  Each panizza is served with a bowl of arugula leaves and alfalfa sprouts.  

How do you eat it?

Take a strip of Panizza, put some arugula leaves, alfalfa and drizzle it with chili oil (or the pesto dip---if you still have some left, after enjoying your appetizer, haha!)


And just roll it. . . .


Our "Work of Art"  =)

The nutty and peppery taste of the arugula and the alfalfa's earthy taste plus the mild heat from the chili oil enhances the savory taste of the Panizza (Ok, I wish I was a food blogger, they're better at doing this!  Haha!)  The thing I love about C's panizza is its super thin crust.  I think this is what makes their panizza more special compared to the panizzas offered by other establishments.

We also tried one of their white-sauced pasta . . . .

Pasta Roberto
(This plate has half-serving of the pasta since we split one order)

Pasta Roberto has gorgonzola cheese, white cream sauce, roasted garlic, and chicken then topped with fresh basil.  The menu offers a wide range of pasta but this had us at gorgonzola cheese! (Trivia: Do you know that gorgonzola cheese is a type of blue cheese?  I don't eat blue cheese. . . guess I do now, haha!)  This pasta is definitely highly recommended.  I have two words to describe it. . .sinfully good and if you ask me to describe it in one . . .heaven! *Big grin*

Goes without saying that we had a really good dining experience at C'!  Good food (on the pricier end though), good ambiance, good service.  We will definitely come back for more!  (Heard they have good risotto too)  

Enjoy your weekend. . . .it's a good time for some food tripping! 

*Special thanks to my good friend for these food photos. . . I'm glad we used your camera! Haha!
***************************************************************************************
Where can you have a taste of C's Panizza?

1) Main Restaurant - 1210 Don Juico Avenue (Friendship Road), Clark, Angeles Pampanga

2) C' Italian Deli Cafe - Bertaphil II, Jose Abad Santos Avenue, Clarkfield, Pampanga (it sits in the same lot as Petron gas station)

3) My Kitchen by Chef Chris Locher opened his own restaurant in Oasis Paco Park Hotel in Manila, bringing his delectable Italian food closer to the food lovers in the Metro.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...