Friday, April 6, 2012

Sorry. . .

Growing up, two of the earliest words my parents taught me were "Thank You" and "Sorry".  I said "Thank  You" when I got gifts, when my parents let me play in the rain, when Mom bought me a new dress or when Dad treated us for ice cream  . . . but somehow, saying "Sorry" just didn't come easy.  My elder brother and I used to fight a lot (okay, sometimes I start it! Hehe) and I have to get that "evil look" from my parents (they don't have to say a word at all!)  before I can say. . . .THAT word.

Photo Source

And then as I grew older, I realized how important and powerful this word was.  This word can make someone feel better, can make YOU a better person, it can make you humble and it can even mend a broken heart (depends on the person I guess, hehe) and I've learned that saying "Sorry" makes a big difference in any kind of relationship. 

I've brought the same lesson in my relationship with God.  I try my best to make Him happy but I know there are times (most of the time) that I come short.  Sometimes I get distracted during mass or I forget to say my morning and evening prayers.  But I would like to believe that I have a personal relationship with Him in my own special way. . . that saying SORRY comes easy because I know He listens and doesn't judge.    

Photo Source
I am SORRY Lord for hurting you and for the countless times I took you for granted. . . And THANK YOU for showing us the Greatest Love of all. . . We are truly humbled by your unconditional love. 

John 3:16 
For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...