Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I love my Brother!

K, a good friend of mine, told me about Regression in older siblings.  When there is a new baby in the family, older kids regress and act more like a baby.  They do so because there are changes in the family and it's their way of adjusting to these changes.

I guess it's true what they say then . . .

Here is *Ate wearing **Bunso's mittens
*"Ate" means elder sister
**"Bunso" means - youngest sibling

Here she is, in Bunso's Playmat

I've read that this is something common and temporary.  I'm not bothered by it at all!  She has actually become a doting sister.  We didn't have to deal with any jealousy (major ones) or sibling rivalry issues (and I hope it stays that way!) when we brought Bunso home.  If there is a feeling of jealousy in her, I think she has overcome it as she gets to spend time with her little brother everyday.  She likes kissing, hugging and holding him (with our supervision of course).  She gets his bottle when he is crying and even hummed a tune for him just the other day. 


I can't wait for the two of them to play together and to get to know each other better.  They have a long way to go . . . but I'm glad they have each other!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...