Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

One of the things I learned on being in a long distance relationship is to be more patient, understanding and let go of things that may cause stress and anxiety.  So before it becomes a "potential issue", I reminded Zola's Dad to greet me on Mother's Day!  (He might forget . . . considering the time difference and that this is my first Mother's Day) 

Me: Honey, batiin mo ko sa Mother'sa Day ha!  Baka makalimutan mong nanay na ako.
(Honey, don't forget to greet me on Mother's Day!  You  might forget that I am a mom already.)

I can just imagine him smiling sheepishly and in his usual cool and collected manner he said . . .

Zola's Dad:  Ayaw mo nun, ibig sabihin tingin ko sa iyo parang single pa rin
(Well, then it only means that you look and I still feel you're single!)

Galing talagang magpalusot. . . he almost got away with it!  Ha!!!  Let's see if he needs to think of a better excuse!  Haha!


To my Little One, I just want to say "thank you" for bringing out the best in me.  I am still "a work in progress", I still have my own fears, but I promise to be the best mom for you.  I will be your best friend and I promise to be a "cool" mom (but you can't stop me from kissing and hugging you in front of your friends whatever age you are).  You are my greatest treasure, my pride and joy.  I love you sweetie . . .  

To my Mom, thank you very much for the undying love, guidance and support you have given me all these years.  When I was growing up, we've had our share of differences and you always say that I'll never understand you, not until I become a parent myself.  Now I understand why (to name a few). . . you don't allow me to go swimming or boat rides, why there are times you didn't let me do sleepovers, why I had to let go of some parties, why I have a curfew or why boys can wait.  You taught me so many valuable things that I want the Little One to learn too.  Thank you for giving me a loving home.  I'm sorry though if I really can't share your love for gardening (heehee).  I love you Mom! 

To all the moms out there. . . you are all great!  Happy Mother's Day!   

Photo Source

By the way. . .Just in case you're wondering if Zola's Dad remembered me on Mother's Day. . . HE DID!!! (Yayyy!)  I got a text from him at 12:04 am (May 13), Manila time.  Love you honey and thanks for remembering!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...