Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Leche!

Yup, "leche"!  

This post is not about "leche" being used as an expression when one is pissed off (which Filipinos do) but refers to the Spanish  word for milk.   

We have some chicken lollies and thought of cooking them for lunch.  Among all the recipes I saw at the Net, I liked the recipe of Pinay in Texas the most.  I also saw some recipes which calls for milk as a marinade as it makes the meat more tender and moist (hmmm, interesting!  Our homemade fried chicken gets dry when reheated).  So I just got some parts of Pinay in Texas' recipe and thought of saving her actual recipe for another day. . . just so I can try this milk thing (teehee) and see if it really makes a difference.  And I'm happy to say. . . the chicken lollipops turned out pretty good!  Tasty, crispy and moist!   

For our recipe, we used the following ingredients:
(I'm so sorry I don't have measurements as I just usually estimate and adjust according to taste)

1/2 kilo chicken lollipops 
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper
Evaporated Milk (small can)
Cayenne Pepper (Optional)

Breading:
1 Egg 
Flour 
Panko Bread Crumbs (I highly recommend the Kasugai brand)

Cooking Procedure:
1. Mix the dry ingredients and rub it on the wings.  Pour the milk and marinade the chicken for at least an hour (in the fridge).
  
2. For the breading, dust the chicken with flour, then dip it in the beaten egg, followed by the Panko Bread Crumbs (Trivia: Panko bread crumbs are usually made from the center of the bread instead of the crust.  It has a coarse and lighter texture which make fried food crunchier and also maintains the crispiness longer as compared to using the traditional Western breadcrumbs.  I've also read that it contains less salt and calories!) 

3. Deep fry your lollipops until golden brown.

4. Serve (and enjoy) them with your favorite dip.

I really wish I have the knack for food styling, haha!

Happy Cooking . . . and Eating!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...