Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Temptation Island

I know. . . it's another food post!  I think you'll be seeing lots of food posts now that I'm pregnant!  Haha!

I've mentioned in an earlier post that I was put in a low salt, low fat diet. . . .when I'm at home, these diet  restrictions can be managed easily.

But this is where the hard part comes in. . . imagine having all these diet restrictions, then you get invited for dinner and you are served with food like this!

Sisig!!! 

Sisig is one of our province's (Pampanga) food specialty.  It is actually made from pig's head, liver and meat (which were boiled or grilled then chopped) and then seasoned with vinegar, soy sauce, onions and chillies.  Anthony Bourdain described sisig as "a divine mosaic of pig parts, chopped and served sizzling and crisp on one side on a screaming hot platter" (as I've read in Casa Veneracion's food blog). 

Yes, you try to reason out and find something that would give you a free pass like . . .

"Hey, there's actually more meat than pork fat in here!"
(Which makes it okay for me to eat then)

Haha!

So I thought hard about the momentary bliss brought by this sinful (and heavenly!) sisig . . . and being the good patient that I am (ahem!) . . . I just settled for . . . 

The Roast Beef!  heehee

Hey, they said I can eat lean meat! Just saying. . . 

And you know what's the hardest part?  Having to drink water (bleh!) while eating all these glorious food! (Ms. Ice-cold Coke Light, where were you when I needed you?  Haha!)  

I told you I've been pretty good! 

Photo source

Note: For the record, I just had a taste of the sisig. . .  =P

Writing this post is making me hungry. . . I think I'll just sleep over it! Haha!

Goodnight everyone . . .  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...