Friday, August 24, 2012

Savory's Chicken "ala BonChon"

We had lunch at the Classic Savory Restaurant the other day and saw something new in their menu. . .Crispy Glazed Chicken!  I had a feeling that it might be "BonChon"-ish.  Yes, Philippines has caught up with the  BonChon craze!  I'm not surprised that there are some restaurants/business establishments serving their own take on this crispy chicken.      

We decided to place an order of this plus other Savory classics---like their Original chicken and a personal fave, their Miki Bihon Binondo! Yum-O!  I didn't bother to take photos of the rest of our lunch fare because I was too hungry to take them, haha!

I couldn't decide which photo to post, so I'm posting two. . . heehee

With camera flash

And without =)

I only had a taste of the real BonChon chicken a couple of months ago . . . one piece of chicken at that one-time!  We had the soy-garlic sauce for the chicken but I tasted some slight sweetness in it too (not sure if it was supposed to be like that or it was just my taste buds) I seriously think I have to try it again!  Haha!  But I one thing I clearly remember is the crispiness of the chicken!  

So based on my one-time BonChon experience, Savory's Crispy Glazed Chicken is a more than good enough alternative (for me, at least) to the real BonChon chicken.  Savory's sauce though is sweeter (I think there's honey in it) and the chicken's crispiness definitely didn't disappoint.  (I just hope that there's consistency in food quality in all Savory branches!)  I would order this chicken again!  It is also reasonably priced at Php 195 (around US$5)  per order.   

Have a nice weekend ahead . . . it's a perfect time for some food tripping! =)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...