Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cravings: Cyma's Roka Salata

Well, hello Mr. Sun!  *Woohoo*   I hope the weather stays like this for a looooong time!

Another thing that makes me dance for joy is. . . finding a recipe that attempts to replicate one of my favorite (if not my most) salads---Cyma's Roka Salata!  *Daydreaming about it now*     

Cyma's Roka Salata
Photo Source

You know how we try to guess what makes up our favorite restaurant food, hoping we can do it at home but just couldn't figure out how to get THAT taste? (in this case, one thing i'm sure of, there is balsamic vinegar in the salad dressing)!  

I like the tanginess of the dressing, the sweetness (and crunchiness!) of the candied walnuts that compliments it and then sealed by the slight nutty flavor of the Parmesan cheese. .. . oooh and it has sun dried tomatoes, one of my favorite things!  Deelish!

I'm soooo glad (and thankful!) AIS house (Thanks again I!) blogged about Pepper.Ph's take on this lovely salad.    

Here is Pepper.Ph's version . . .
Photo Source

The salad dressing is easy as 1-2-3:

*taken from Pepper.Ph's site
1 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2-3 tbsp sugar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

For the complete recipe, please click on this link.

Hope you find something that makes you dance for joy too =)

Wishing you all a beautiful and blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...