Thursday, December 22, 2011

Little One: On My Own

The Little One has learned to sleep through the night since she was three months (yup, got some more sleeping time, woohoo!).  And now that she turned six months last week. . . another milestone is starting to set in.  I think she is learning to sleep on her own.  But oh well . . .things don't come easy with babies.  

This is what happens every night. . . ..

Little One gets sleepy, I sing and dance her to sleep, she starts to cry, I sing and dance her more, she still cries.  I put her in the crib, she cries.  I pick her up, give her milk, she doesn't like it.  I put the milk down, put her on the bed (sometimes this does the trick) but the tears are still there.  I pick her up, cradle her in my arms and she still sobs.  She doesn't want being cradled, okay, I try letting her head rest on my shoulders. . .she is still crying . . . (and the cycle starts again. . .pls go back to the singing and dancing part . . . again . . .go back twice or thrice, haha!)

I put her back in the crib again and then she stops. . . . AND then becomes restless.  She tosses and turns. .. rubs her eyes, her ears, her eyes again. . . more tossing and turning while I pat her, stroking her hair at the same time while humming the ABC song too (yes, moms really need to multi-task!)  . . . and then she sloowwly surrenders. . . she closes her sleepy eyes (my favorite part) and is off to dreamland.

I hope it gets better in the coming days. . . .I know it will, I know she will learn. . . .

She is my own Supergirl (that's what I call her sometimes) . . .

Goodnight Little One. . .

With all the tossing and turning, she got to this position.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...