Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"LOSYANG" MOMENTS

I was putting the Little One to sleep (for her morning nap) when I glanced at myself at the mirror. . . my love handles were reminding me to start my diet, the panda bear eyes are there (the past few nights have been rough because the Little One has pneumonia), I was in my PJs, my oily hair was put up using a big hair clamp, I haven't taken a bath . . . well, I hope you got the picture. . .*Sigh* . . . . I hope I'm not turning into a losyang na!  Before the Little One came, I swore that I will never be one!  (Okay, I was trying to look for an English term for "losyang" and. . . I just couldn't find a suitable word to translate it . . . Unglamorous?  Frazzled?  Haha!  If you have any suggestions, let me know pls!)

I think most Filipinos would have this picture of a losyang in their minds - married women with children who are in dusters, "amoy kusina", with unkempt hair and are haggard looking.  For me, the term "losyang" should NOT be used exclusively for married women or for mothers. . .  any woman can fall to the "losyang" trap.  A woman can be married, with a dozen children but can still look fabulous!    

In my book, being losyang simply means you don't put effort anymore to take care of yourself (physically, mentally or emotionally) and that you let go of your good self.  And in letting go, there will be a point that you will feel miserable because you feel exhausted and probably overwhelmed with juggling your different roles  --- as a daughter, a sister, a career woman, a wife and a mother.  Before you reach that point, it's best that you stop, take a deep breath . . .and do something that will make you feel good about yourself and make a happier YOU.  It can be a good massage, a spa treatment, a trip to the salon, coffee with friends or just some quiet time for yourself just to re-energize.  After getting some "me" time, I'm sure you'll feel lighter and that  you'll be more productive (less stressed too) . . .and more likeable perhaps (less sungit mode), haha!    
Photo source: www.spaliciousgifts.com

If there are days that I feel like blah, sometimes I just grab my favorite lipstick and cheek tint and  I put on some of those. . .even when I'm just at home . . .wearing my PJs. =)


2 comments:

Raine said...

chanced upon your blog when i googled "losyang" I am also a newbie mom and am beginning to fear that i'm going to the dark side (being losyang that is) :) nice blog! Glad i wandered here

zolasmom said...

Hi Raine! Thanks! Glad you wandered here =) I visited your blog (nice name) and love it =) Will be seeing "seeing" more. . .you're in my reading list now.=) See you around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...