Thursday, December 29, 2011

Mi Tacqueria

A few months ago, after reading My Mom Friday's blog on her soft tacos, I got inspired to try doing this at home with crunchy taco shells instead of soft ones.  So I got some at the supermarket and they've been sitting at the pantry for quite some time now, haha!   It doesn't help that my friend D posted a photo of her tacos (a food craving she had now that she is expecting) which looked divine.  So before my taco shells lose their crunchiness, this procrastination has to stop!

Let the cooking begin! =)

Here are the ingredients which I used:

Taco shells

Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix - there are several taco seasoning mix available in the market but I highly recommend this brand
Photo source
1/2 kilo ground chicken (I used ground chicken since my dad can't eat beef)
*You can make 10-12 tacos for a 1/2 kilo chicken

Tomatoes (chopped)
Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
Grated Cheese
Onions (chopped)
Hot sauce

Cooking Directions:
I just sauteed the chicken in garlic and onion and put some pepper in it (I always use pepper when I cook).  Mix the powder with 2/3 cup of water (this can be adjusted according to your liking).  Pour the mix into the sauteed chicken, let it boil and let it simmer for 3-4 minutes until it thickens.  The mix was so tasty that I didn't need to put any salt or other flavoring.

I know, I know . . . my food plating sucks!  Something I need to work on, haha!

And that's it . . . put all the fix-ins and you're ready to eat!

After everyone has eaten . . .I just realized, I forgot to put chopped onions in the tacos!  My Bad!  Haha!  At any rate, I'm super happy everybody liked it (yes, including our household help!)  Yayyyy!

Note to self, next time you make tacos, do not forget to put onions!  I want to try adding sour cream or guacamole for the fix-ins too for a creamier texture =)

If you want to add crrrunnch in your New Year celebration, you might want to try preparing these tacos.

Happy cooking!

*Tacqueria - A place where tacos, burritos and other Mexican dishes are made and sold.  (Source: www.thefreedictionary.com) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...