Friday, December 16, 2011

Missing the Little One and the Little One in Me

Cartoon Sick Woman With An Ice Pack On Her Head Posters, Art Prints
Photo Source
I’ve been under the weather these past few days.   The hardest part wasn’t the headache, the sore throat or the continuous coughing. . . it is staying away from the Little One.  Not being able to pick her up and  play with her is frustrating.  And when she flashes that beautiful smile of hers, I couldn't hug and kiss her. . . it is just pure heartache!   I can only blow her kisses and say "I miss you" from afar.  I slept in another room while my mom and sister stayed with her in our room.  I told my mom that she won’t have a hard time with the Little One at night since she already sleeps through the night.  But  mom told me she woke up crying three times last night . . .my only guess is she misses me just as much as I miss her *sad face here*.  

But if there’s one good thing that came out of this is  I got to be babied my parents again (haha!)  Yes, a grown woman like me sometimes misses being babied by dad and mom.  

Mom is constantly reminding me to drink my meds and load up on my fruits while my Dad's simple gesture of asking me if I have hot water before taking a bath is really sweet and heartwarming. 

It felt good to be a Little One again. .  .  . 

I love you Dad and Mom! 

XOXO

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...