Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Easy Peasy Cheese Pimiento Spread

We had some Queso de Bola (also known as Edam Cheeseleft from the Holidays.  One thing that my Mom makes out of it is her Cheese Pimiento spread.  (There are several kinds of Queso de Bola in the Market but we prefer the Marca Pato or Marca Pina brand from Holland --- which for me are the authentic Queso de Bola because of their tangy, salty and nutty taste.)

You may find this recipe rich (and sinful!) but a simple breakfast of toasted bread and this spread (together with your favorite breakfast drink) is actually filling. . . it always hits the spot for me.


Ingredients:
Mayonnaise
Butter, softened
Queso de bola, grated
Canned red pimientos, drained and chopped
 *sorry, my Mom doesn't measure when she makes something, she just does everything by eyeball, teehee

What to do:  Just mix everything in a bowl and adjust the saltiness if necessary =)

There are variations for this recipe which I saw in the Net.  Some recipes use cream cheese and some even put a little bit of sugar in it.  (Yes, we Filipinos put sugar in our cooking . . . like in our spaghetti!)  While the American cheese pimiento has one or more these seasonings:  hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, paprika, dill pickles, onion or garlic. (Source: Wikipedia) 

One of my favorite breakfast eats!


Yes, you can say I started my day right!  Haha!  

Wishing everyone a great day ahead!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...