Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My favorite recipe for Stuffed Jalapeños

I looooove Jalapeños!  I don't remember exactly when or how it started but I love them! (but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to try Cheetos' Cheesy Jalapeño, haha!)  I usually put them in my sandwiches (burgers or Subway subs).  But thanks to Guy Fieri (of Food Network), I found another way!  I love his recipe for Italian-stuffed Jalapeños!

One time, I had leftover peppers from cooking Sinigang.  I thought of Guy's recipe but had to make most of what I have in the pantry.  I am glad I had some Italian sausages sitting in the fridge. The recipe calls for some mascarpone cheese (which I don't have) so I used cream cheese!     

So thank you Guy!  I was inspired by your recipe!  

(For the exact recipe, please click on this link to go to Food Network's site.)



*Sorry, I don't have any measurements for the ingredients, I just eyeballed everything.

Ingredients:
Jalapeños or any Chile peppers, cut in half, seeded and de-veined
Italian sausage, remove the meat from the casing
Garlic, chopped
Onion, chopped
Bell pepper, chopped
Cream cheese
Cheddar Cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Pre heat your oven to 350F and roast them for 10  mins.  (or you may use toaster too, I tried it once and it worked naman)

2. For the filling, sauté the Italian sausage meat in garlic and onion.  After a few minutes, add the bell pepper and let it soften up a bit.  Add salt or pepper if needed.  After sautéing the filling, let it cool to room temperature, then add spoonfuls of cream cheese (depends on the consistency you like).

3. Put some filling on your peppers and top it with grated cheese.

4. Put them in the oven (or toaster) and broil until the cheese melts.

5. Don't forget the Ranch dip!  It brings everything together, haha!  

I loved how this turned out that this has been my go to recipe for anything that is stuffed vegetables, haha!


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...