Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ready for Christmas Shopping?

It's 60 days until Christmas . . . and I haven't even done any gift shopping yet! Aaarrrghhh!  I got to start working on that list!  I do take my gift giving seriously, haha!  I know some people don't like shopping for gifts but I find joy in finding that perfect gift and knowing that the person absolutely loved it!  

Do you know how I choose which gift to give?  Here are some of the things which help me:

1. I keep in mind their interests, hobbies, their lifestyle - For example, for somebody who loves to cook, a good cookbook, a cool or unique kitchen gadget would be nice gifts.   A health buff would appreciate a gift which he/she can use at the gym or when exercising or if the person is a music or book lover and you're not sure of the person's faves, you may just get a gift certificate so they can make their own choice. 

2. Do-it-yourself (DIY) gifts - I would love to do this!  If only I'm creative and crafty enough, I really would! haha!  Or if I only know how to bake . . .a box of homemade brownies or a jar of delicious cookies in a nice Christmas packaging would be a lovely gift.

3. Personalized Gifts - I like giving and receiving personalized items because when you see your name on it, it makes you feel special.  Some of the personalized items I have received in the past are towels, notepads, gift tags and stuff for travelling.

4. Buy something that person won't buy for himself/herself -  I wanted to buy a really nice bag but decided not to since I'm saving for something else.  So my sweet sister thought of buying it for me as her Christmas gift. (Thanks sis, love you much!)

5. Or sometimes, all I got to do is ask this question if I have to decide over a gift. . . would I like to receive this gift as well?  Haha!  Try this. . . it really helps =)

Happy Shopping! =)

P.S.  Don't shop 'til you drop, just take it easy. .. teehee

Image Credit: www.cartoonstock.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...