Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Highly Recommended: 3M's Filtrete Aircon Filter


When we were preparing the Little One's nursery (well, it's just really my room, with a crib in it! haha!), my brother suggested that I use 3M's Filtrete aircon filter for the room.  I have always been a fan of 3M products so anything made by 3M is a great product in my book.  

To give you an idea about this Filtrete, here is the product info found at the back of the box: 
Most built-in aircon filters can trap large particles.  But microparticles pass through easily, so they are re-circulated right back into your room.
FILTRETE is made of electrostatically-charged fibers that work like magnets to attract and trap microparticles. (Yup, this line did it for me!  Well, besides being a 3M fan, teeheee) 
 So you breathe fresher, cleaner air.  With FILTRETE, your air conditioner works like an air purifier too:

  • Reduces the number of dust, mold, pollen and smoke particles 
  • Electrostatically-charged fibers allow air to flow freely 
  •  Allergolist recommended  


A filter lasts 1-2 months depending on the condition of your home.  I change filter every month (I guess you'll know why after seeing the pictures below)

I'll let the pictures do the talking  . . . (I hope the photos are clear enough for you to see the difference between the before and after picture)  

Filtrete filter (Before) - white fiber
and after one month . . . (nope, this is not a gray carpet, haha!)

Can you imagine all these microparticles like dust, bacteria or allergens (that can't be trapped by the aircon's regular filter) going inside the room and being inhaled by the Little One?!! Yaikkks!

Some more photos for you . . .

Used filter on the left, the aircon filter on the right 

If you have allergy, asthma or if you just want cleaner air at home, I highly recommend this 3M aircon filter.  

I am not connected with 3M . . .I'm just a mom who just wants a healthy environment for her Little One. =)


You can buy 3M Filtrete at ACE Hardware of SM.  They are available in 3 different packs.  I got the value pack which is good for 6-7 aircons and only costs Php 729.75.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...