Monday, December 30, 2013

Singapore Food Diary

WARNING: This post may induce food cravings!

The Holiday Season doesn't only bring good cheer but good food as well!

You're probably fed up with seeing and eating food . . . or may be not!  I think a few food pictures won't hurt.  It is a feast that doesn't come with extra calories anyway, haha!  

This post has been sitting in my Draft folder since June or July (a really late post!) after we (just me, my sister and my little girl) visited Singapore for a few days (I really wish we could have stayed longer!)

To say that Singapore is a food haven is an understatement, simply because it is a food PARADISE!

When I go to Singapore, one place I always go to is the Food Republic in Wisma Atria (a mall along Orchard Road).  It houses the best of hawker food and other good eats in one roof.

This is where I enjoyed my personal faves:

BLACK CARROT CAKE (not made from carrots!)

AND THE BBQ WINGS!!!
Addictive!

This roast pork looks ho-hum but it's surprisingly good,
the skin was crispy and tasty!

After lunch, we were walking around Takashimaya Shopping Center (Ngee Ann City) when I saw a LadurĂ©e counter.  Yep, those french macarons (which don't come cheap, haha!) that everyone was raving about.  I bought a few (Pistachio, Coffee and Chocolate ---which I liked best) to see what the buzz was all about.  

Guess what?!
I still prefer cakes and cookies, haha!  

For dinner, we went to JUMBO Seafood Restaurant because I told my sister that we must have Singapore's famous specialty. . . CHILI CRABS!!!  

Oh how I missed you my Chili Crabs!  


Oh and with a side order of  fried mantou bread please!


Because dipping dunking them in the Chili Crab sauce is pure food bliss! 

We also ordered Cereal Prawns (because I love shrimps)


Hong Kong Noodles (because the little girl loves noodles) and Chicken Satay (my sister's request)

By the way, have I told you that Singapore is a Food Paradise?

A Paradise where everything is just good. . . . so many food. . . so little time.  

Seriously, we should go back! Haha!

Sis, are you there?



For more info about the following food places, please click on the names:


Info about Laduree was taken from Evonnz' blog:
Laduree Boutique
391 Orchard Road, #02-09
Takashimaya Shopping Centre / Ngee Ann City
Singapore 238872
Tel: +65 6884 7361
Laduree Counter
391 Orchard Road, #01-24A
Takashimaya Shopping Centre / Ngee Ann City
Singapore 238872




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...