Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Man's Love Language

If your man doesn't give you flowers, well, you are NOT alone!

My husband and I have been together for twelve years (5 of those as a married couple) and I don't remember him giving me flowers.  I don't remember because he never did!   Haha!

But before you judge him, please hear me out. 

One thing that makes our relationship work is he listens when I have something to say (he really does!). Like when I tell him if something he did (or didn't do!) bothers me, he actually does something about it.  And I really appreciate it when he does.  So you can say that this "giving of flowers" thing didn't go unnoticed or it's not something we haven't talked about.  I've tried different kinds of approach to present "my case", haha!  But he just won't do it.  Period.  So through the years, I've learned to let go and accepted the fact that it I'll never receive flowers from him.  Sometimes I wonder if he is allergic to them, haha!  But I know he is NOT! 

My man and my wedding bouquet =)

He is simply a practical man, one who remains steadfast in his belief that he doesn't need to give me flowers to show his romantic side.  As they say, all of us have our own language of love.  With him, he shows his love best when he does something for me (or for the family).  

Like the time he surprised me with a video he made for my birthday or the fact that he remembers the things I like.  He also makes me feel I'm beautiful (Yes Honey, you do) when I wake up and I catch him staring at me (or was it because of my loud snoring, haha!).  He doesn't complain when he had to run to the grocery the second time because I forgot to buy an ingredient (and I'm not a happy cook if I have a missing ingredient) or that he packs (and unpack) everything for us when we travel (I know, I'm a lucky, girl.  I'm spoiled that way, haha!).  

Flowers will never be his thing but he has given me more than I've asked for.  One of the most precious gifts he has ever given me is the gift of being a stay at home Mom.  And for this, I am forever grateful to him.

Honey, thank you for showering me with your love and care.  My life is sweeter and brighter because you are in it.  I love you. . . .

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...