Saturday, February 22, 2014

Today's Lunch: Tuna Sisig (NOT from the can!)

I bought a beautiful and fresh Tuna loin that would be good for Sashimi.  But since I don't eat Sashimi (I know, I'm missing a lot, haha!), I thought of cooking Tuna Sisig with it. 

I've found a lot of recipes online and got ideas here and here.  I came up with my own take on it because I wanted something faster and simpler to do. . . oh and I don't like mayonnaise in sisig (as seen in one of the recipes)!  Haha!

I'm glad it turned out pretty good (more than what I was expecting). . . that one cup of rice wasn't enough, haha!




*The recipe doesn't indicate any measurement as I just really eyeball the ingredients when cooking =).

Ingredients:
Fresh Tuna (used about less than 500 grams)

For the Marinade:
Calamansi (or lemon)
Knorr Liquid Seasoning (or soy sauce)

Butter
Garlic
Red or White Onion
Liver Spread - (3 tbsp)
Oyster Sauce
Green Chili
Salt and Pepper (to taste)

Cooking Directions:
1. Marinade the Tuna (with calamansi and liquid seasoning) meat at least a couple of hours before cooking.
2. Pan fry the meat (for a few mins) and chop or flake it roughly
3. In the same pan, saute garlic and onion in butter.  Add and mash the liver spread, oyster sauce and tuna meat.
4. Stir fry and add the chopped green chili.
5. Serve it (in a sizzling plate, if you have one) with a smile and more than a cup of rice!

Happy Cooking and Have a nice weekend!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...