Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Food Post: à La crème

It's another food post!

What's so nice about having a balikbayan (a term we use  for Filipinos who live overseas and who come back to Philippines for a visit/vacation) is you get to go on a food trip without feeling guilty, hahaha!  Because as a good host, you want your guests to try the local food/local dining spots!

We brought our cousin who is visiting from Canada in à La crème, a local bistro/coffee and cake shop.  Its extensive menu offers a variety of comfort food, some of which are shown below.

My most favorite items in their menu:

The Chicken Quesadilla

Such a beautiful and colorful plate! =)

I hope they would always make their quesadillas this way,
where they don't scrimp on the ingredients.

And my most favorite of all. . . the good, the bad. . .and the deadly. . . 
Prawn and Aligue (Crab Fat) Pasta!  
Warning:  For health reasons, to minimize the chance of getting an elevated blood pressure due to the cholesterol brought about by the cream and crab fat in this pasta, an order of this heavenly plate . .  MUST BE SHARED!  Haha!  

If you are a big group, an order of their Appetizer Basket is good for sharing too =)

The basket has Onion Rings, Mozzarella Sticks, Buffalo Wings and Potato chips
with 3 dips on the side (Marinara, Thousand Island and Aioli I think)

Other items we had were the Beef Salpicao . . . 
I was looking for a more intense garlic flavor

My cousin ordered a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich . . .  It was okay, it wasn't bad but it wasn't the traditional Cheesesteak that I know.  I wish they served it in a French bread.



Goes without saying that we were so full that we didn't have room for dessert. . .  but we had some during our first visit, heehee. . . where we only ordered dessert).

For dessert, à La crème is known for their Ube Cake, a must-try!

I know, I should have taken a better photo of the cake, haha!

We also got a crepe . . . Mango Loco! . . . which I loved but my cousin found the crepe to be "eggy".
Actually there are no bad crepes for me, haha!    


Just in case you are in Pampanga (where Food Tripping is one of the things you've got to do) and would like to try à La crème, they have branches at: 

Stall 1 & 2 Alcon Bldg.
(Near AUF),
MacArthur Hi-Way,
Angeles City
(045)888.2303

CTH Bldg.,
MacArthur Hi-Way, Dolores,
City of San Fernando
(045) 861.0829
(045) 961.7264 

Nepo Center
Cluster III-B The Quad @ NEPO
Plaridel St., Angeles City



Now, I'm hungry! Haha!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...