Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My "Sort of Homemade Cooking" Series: Yang Chow Fried Rice

I've mentioned in an earlier post that I'm a fan of Asian Home Gourmet mix because they make cooking various Asian dishes at home easier!
Photo Source
I had some more packets at the cupboard and thought of trying the Yang Chow Fried Rice since we have leftover rice and ham.  We have eggs, peas and carrots sitting at the fridge and some spring onion (from our garden!).

How easy was it to prepare?  I just sauteed some chopped onions, and just put everything in . . .the ham, egg, leftover rice, veggies and the magic mix (haha!)  And what do I get?

Tadahhhh. . . .

I know. . . I really have to work on my food photography. . . and styling! 

And since we already have fried rice, we might as well have Chinese fare for lunch . . .so we cooked Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet (which DIDN'T come from a packet but was prepared from scratch. . .but NOT by me, haha!) to go with the rice.  It was definitely one of the nicest lunch we had at home.

Have a nice day ahead everyone. . .have a good meal and savor it!

Bon Appetit!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...