Monday, February 20, 2012

Shoe Stories

I read that Dr. Martens opened a flagship store last December here in the Philippines.  Dr. Martens!!!  I didn't own a pair (I just felt I couldn't wear them with flair, haha!)  Seeing these shoes bring me back to my College days!   

My fondest memory of College was when I was a Freshman, my Dad was so worried that I might fall from my bed in the dormitory (I was at the top of a double-deck bed).  He worried so much that. . . he installed seat belts in my bed!  Yes, you read that right, seat belts!  When I wake up every morning, my room mates jokingly ask me how my flight was! Haha!  I was NEVER embarrassed by it at all. . . you never get embarrassed when your dad shows you how much he loves you.  It is a funny story that warms my heart at the same time.  (But just between us, I only used the seat belts once, haha!)
VINTAGE 1460
Photo Source
As they say, a woman can never have too many pairs of shoes.  I'm not a shoe addict but somehow I always have a reason (or an excuse?) to buy a new pair. Heehee

Here are some of the shoes I grew up with or had over the years . . .

The Kung Fu Shoes. . .reminds me of my Elementary days.  I also didn't own a pair.  I guess my parents couldn't find a pair that would fit me.  But just looking at them, I think they are comfortable!

Photo source
I didn't have Kung-Fu shoes but I had Gregg Shoes (which were locally manufactured).  I love them but I hated them too.  I hated them when I was young because as much as I want a new pair every school year, I couldn't have one.  They are so sturdy!  I even dragged my feet when I walk, I threw them against the wall, I did anything (and everything!) just so they would look worn-out so I can convince my mom to buy me a new pair. . . They are just simply indestructible! Haha! 

Photo Source

These are not Gregg Shoes but it's the closest image I can find 

Espadrilles . . .I had a pair exactly like the one pictured below when I was a Sophomore in high school.  I remember wearing them when our Team went to a beach for our Victory party celebration during our school's Intramurals.  

And if there were Havaianas during that time, I'm sure I wore flip flops to the beach and not Espadrilles! Haha!

Photo Source

Tretorn shoes . . . I love these tennis shoes!  Mine were purple and I wore them during P.E. class in high school.  The first time I cleaned them, I used a big tube of Colgate (because that's what everybody said!)  But that was the first and last time I did!  Haha!  

Nylite Canvas W
Photo Source
And now that I'm a mom, I only wear sandals or flats.  My favorite pair of sandals are from Aerosoles (if you are looking for comfort, go for Aerosoles).  I wear them almost everyday (I got them when I was pregnant) and are now semi-retired.


Photo Source

I just bought a new pair of flats from Melissa (I call them plastic shoes from Brazil). . .I wish though that they are more. . .pocket-friendly.  I went for it anyway because they have my size!  Size has always been my problem when I shop for shoes here in Philippines.  (That's why I'm shoe-crazy when I'm in the US, shoe-shopping there is pure bliss for me!)  

But I'm just glad (and thankful!) Melissa carries my size . . . they're sooo comfy, I am definitely loving my new flats!

Photo Source

These flats are just about to start their walking adventure, who knows what stories they would tell in the future =)


If you're looking for a wider collection of Melissa shoes, Geleia carries them.  You can find Geleia in Trinoma,  Mall of Asia and Alabang Town Center.  For more information, you can go to their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GeleiaPhilippines?sk=info






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...