Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Before I got together with Zola's Dad, I came from a long term relationship (with my so-called "first love").  And after crying my heart out (until I got pathetic! Haha!), I suddenly had fears of how my life is going to be after the break-up.  "What if I couldn't love another person with the same passion". . ."What if I can't move on and start over" . . ."What if I won't be happy ever again". . . or worse, "What if there's no one?!"

But all of these changed when Zola's Dad and I got together.  It wasn't love at first sight.  We were just friends who enjoyed each other's company.  And as we found ourselves smiling more, we realized we like each other more and took a chance with each other.  Our relationship wasn't perfect and there were times I almost gave up.  But the beauty of getting hurt is  after all the drama brought by a broken heart, you learn to accept that you can be a better person.  And being a better person meant being a better partner.      

The road to my "Happily Ever After" wasn't easy.  If getting my heart broken meant leading me to my Prince Charming, I am embracing all the pain, the tears, the sleepless nights I've been through.  

Zola's Dad and I may not be each others' first love but we are each others' last.

Dada, they say "good things come to those who wait". . . I'm glad I did.

Thank you very much for the love and care.  Thank you for showing me that I can be happy again and that I still have much to give.  

Thank you for being more than what I hoped and prayed for.

Happy Anniversary!

I love you . . .always and forever.


Our Wedding Day
February 8, 2009

Photo by Mimi and Karl


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...