Thursday, November 3, 2011

Parenting Lesson from a 5-yr old

Photo credit: www.kidpower.org

Thanks to Iya (my adorable 5-yr old niece), I got my first parenting lesson.

One day, she asked me something (forgot what the question was) and I answered it the best I could.  . . and then it was followed by a gazillion "whys". . . until I can't think of an answer anymore!  So I gave up and said "I don't know" (thinking that would make her stop).  Well, she did but after she told me this ---

Iya: Ta-ta (that's what she calls me, short for "Tita") dapat hindi mo sinasabi ang "I don't know"
      (Ta-ta, you should not be saying "I don't know")

Me:  *E-M-B-A-R-A-S-S-E-D*

Kids just don't say the darnedest things. . .they say the smartest things too!

I know I have a few more years to go before the Little One asks her "whys" . . . so care to share what you do when you can't answer a child's questions anymore? =)

2 comments:

Kathe said...

Well, I have 4 koolits at home... but the best inquisitor is the youngest (questions about dinos and dragons and even asked me why ANGRY birds are ANGRY.. lol) ...hundreds of questions everyday, sometimes all of them asking at the same time! So when I can't answer anymore, I ask them back the same question! I am always amazed at how smart (and creative) kids get these days! They teach me a lot too. :)

Ana said...

Hi Kathe! Thanks for reading the blog =) Wow, 4 kids! You're supermom! I think kids now are smarter than we were! haha! Thanks for the tip, I would definitely try this with my niece =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...