Monday, November 14, 2011

Mommy's "Me Time"

Yes, Zola's Mom was able to get some "Me Time" yesterday.  

My sister had to go to Manila (which is an hour away from us) to meet her friends and asked me if I could drive for her.  I took this chance to do some Christmas shopping as well (actually, I wasn't productive in the shopping part, haha!).

While waiting for her at the mall, I was looking for a place where I can sit and rest (my feet were killing me!).  All the coffee shops were busy. . . . but I was thankful to have found a cafe tucked in a quieter part of this big and busy mall.  I went there armed with my magazine (local showbiz magazines are my guilty pleasure, haha!), an Ipod (not really to listen to music, but to play Tetris, hehe), my mobile phone and ofcourse an ice-cold Coke Light!

I took a picture of my cozy corner . . . . .
















While waiting for this . . . .
UCC's Seafood Salad
















I miss taking care of the Little One but it also felt good to just have some time for myself and just do. . . nothing.

My friend gave me a book entitled "Meditations for New Mothers" by Beth Saavedra and there is a page that talked about Relaxation.  It said "Mothers need genuine rest.  We need time to simply be with ourselves, and we can do this in a variety of ways.  We can take a hot bath, stroll through the park, or gently rock ourselves in a rocking chair.  It doesn't matter how we get in touch with ourselves, but it's important that we do."

And that was exactly what I was doing in the quiet corner of the cafe, clearing my mind and "recharging" myself before another week starts.

As they say, "A happy mommy means a happy baby"

Have a nice and a HAPPY week ahead everyone!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...