Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quick and Easy Recipe: Chicken Ala King

It was leftovers for lunch today so as a treat, I thought of preparing a nice merienda (snacks) this afternoon for the family.

Chicken Ala King is one dish that they like since I started cooking it when I was still in High School.  It was one of the earliest recipes I've learned from my Cooking class =).

For this recipe, I've listed down the the ingredients but I don't have the measurements (does that make me a good cook or a bad one? Haha!)


Here you go. . . .

Ingredients:
Chicken breast, boiled and chopped roughly
1 to 1 1/2 can of Cream of Mushroom (depending on the amount of chicken you used)
Red Onion, chopped
Bell pepper, chopped
Button Mushrooms, Chopped
Whole Kernel Corn
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter
Evaporated milk and water, if needed

Cooking Instructions:
1. Boil the chicken breast, add a little bit of salt.
2. Saute onion in butter until translucent.
3. Add bell pepper and button mushrooms.  Stir fry for a minute.
4. Add chopped chicken breast.
5. Add the Cream of mushroom.  If the consistency becomes too thick, add a little bit of evaporated milk and water until you reach your desired consistency.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Mix everything and simmer in low heat for a few minutes.
6. Add the whole kernel corn =)  If you love corn (like me!), feel free to add 1 whole can.  Heehee.

How to serve it?
You may serve it as an open-faced sandwich, or just eat it with toasted bread like we did.  If I had the time and energy (Haha!), I would have made some mashed potatoes, spread it on top of the chicken mixture and bake it =)

Hope you like it as much as we do!

Bon Appetit!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...