Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'll miss you Tita E . . .

Life has two faces.  We experience the good and the bad, happy and sad.

A couple of days after welcoming the New Year, an Aunt of mine (an elder sister of my Dad) completed her life's journey and has gone to a better place.  Her heart may have given up on her but she left a piece of it to each person she has loved.     

Image from www.mrwallpaper.com

I would like to believe that my Aunt and I have a "special bond".  We have a special fondness for each other, and I hope I was able to show and make her feel how much she is dear to me.  I don't know when it exactly started but we got closer as I grew older.

Growing up, I remember receiving Birthday cards from her.  She always writes her personal messages and wishes in each of them which makes these store bought cards more special.  She always has a smile on her face, the kind that pushes up in the eyes.  I actually wonder if she was ever in a bad mood!       

She gave the best of herself.  She was a dutiful daughter, a good sister, a devoted wife, a caring mother and a thoughtful lola (grandmother) to her grandchildren and great grandchildren.  She may be 88 years old but she was one cool lola!  Her innate goodness just showed  in every little thing she does for everyone.

It's ironic how I am talking about Death at a time when we should be celebrating the start of a New Year. But sometimes, hearing about the Death of someone makes us look into our own lives and see if we have lived our lives fully or if we have loved enough.  Then we become thankful that we are still alive because we still have a chance to start again, do and make better of the life we have.

Also, Death doesn't necessarily mean it is the end.  For the departed, it means we are celebrating the life they lived and celebrate the start of another one. . . .the eternal kind of life.

*********************************************************************************
Dear Tita E, 

I know you are in a happy place and that you are smiling from up there.  You will always be in my heart.  Thank you for showing me what Loving is all about.

I am missing you already!

Love you and til we see each other again. . . 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...