Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jack and Jill Overload

Image Source

Jack and Jill was probably the first Nursery Rhyme I've ever learned (or was it Humpty Dumpty?) when I was growing up.  Earlier this evening, my sister was singing this famous Nursery Rhyme . . 

"Jack and Jill 
Went up the Hill
To get a pail of water.
Jack fell down 
and broke his . . . . "

She suddenly stopped.  I had the feeling that she wasn't sure what the next line was, haha!

So she asked me if Jack broke his "arm or leg?"  And I laughed at her and said, "he broke his CROWN!"

So we also asked our Mom to sing it, and she did.

"Jack and Jill
Went up the Hill
To get a pail of water.
Jack fell down
and broke his ARM"

Our Mom said, ARM!  Haha!  So I got confused too. . . but since I believe in my Mom (Hey, Mothers know best!) and whatever she says (See Mom, I am a good and dutiful daughter!), I told my sister that I must have gotten it wrong.  And it was my sister's turn to laugh at me, I was laughing at myself too!  Even Jughead (of Archie Comics) got included in the conversation because of this "Crown" thing, haha!

Image Source

To be really sure and to put an end to this confusion, my sister went to You Tube and looked for a Jack and Jill Nursery Rhyme video.  So we were all giddy with excitement as were were waiting for the line. . . 

"Jack fell down and broke his . . . CROWN!"

O.M.G!!! It's CROWNNNN!!!!  Hahahaa!! So I was right after all! 

My sister and I had a good laugh!  It was such a nice way to cap this day . . . plus there were some lessons learned from this story!

1. When you become a Mom or if you interact with kids, it pays to revisit your Nursery Rhymes (because Age or the meds they give you during C-Section somehow catches up with you, haha!)

2, "Crown" means the top of the head

3. Just like when you take a multiple choice exam, if you are not sure with your answer, stick to your first choice, haha!

4. Stand for what you believe in!  Haha!  (I knew it was crown!  I shouldn't have let anything or anyone change what I believe in . . . even if it was my Mother, hahaha!!!)

5.  As they say, "Mothers know best" . . . well, sometimes, they don't, hahaha!  (I love you Mom!) 


Goodnight and Sweet Dreams everyone . . .  =)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...