Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pasalubong from the Weekend

My brother and my sister-in-law went to Tagaytay for the weekend.  (Tagaytay is a popular tourist destination and a favorite weekend escapade for locals because of its landscape and cooler climate.)

They brought us pasalubong (gifts) from this city which have become our dessert and merienda (snacks) for the past few days.  They brought buko (coconut) pie from Bahay Pastulan, a retail shop run by the Good Shepherds Sisters which sells the different goodies that they make.  My brother's fave is their buko juice while some of my friends love their ube jam. 

This is what's left of the pie. . . .in less than 24 hours, haha!    
The last piece!  (We were saving it for my sister)


It is actually just a simple pie.  What I like most about it is you can taste the freshness of the coconut meat (they didn't scrimp on the coconut meat).  My brother's theory for this ---the pie filling has buko juice in it!  And there's probably some pandan in there too.  So yes, this pie has become a favorite and holds the record as the pie that was consumed in the shortest time, haha!    

From Tagaytay, they stopped at Nuvali in Sta. Rosa (another popular destination) and got us a box of Revel Bars from Purple Oven (it has been said that the pastries/cakes served in Starbucks come from Purple Oven).  I am not fond of Revel Bars. . . but these sweet treats from Purple Oven are my exception, heehee.  

A box contains 16 pcs. of bars

Happiness in a bar =)

So yes, you can say that I had a sweet weekend and it's going to be sweeter in the coming days =).

Hope you had a good day today!

*Bahay Pastulan opened a new store in Sta. Rosa (this is where my brother bought the pasalubong).  I am so sorry I wasn't able to get the address from the box.  The old store in Maryridge, Tagaytay is now being used as their production site. 

**Purple Oven's contacts nos. - 631-4221 / 910-1363 to 1364  
Branches:
1) 63 Saint Peter St., Oranbo, Pasig
2) YMCA Bldg., 7 Sacred Heart St., San Antonio Village, Makati
3) The Clubhouse at Temple Drive, Corinthian Hills, QC
4) Solenad 2, Nuvali, Santa Rosa, Laguna
5) San Antonio Plaza Arcade, 50 McKinley Road, Forbes Park, Makati

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...