Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bonjour!

I don't know why it has taken me so long to make my first FRENCH TOAST!  Not sure if the word "French" has something to do with it, haha!  (I think French cooking is just so refined, filled with techniques and is an art on its own.) 

Got this basic French Toast recipe from Food.com (Thanks to my friend M who shared this recipe)

INGREDIENTS:

2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
6 slices stale bread

Directions:

1. Beat eggs in a shallow bowl.  Add milk, vanilla and cinnamon sugar and beat until frothy.
2. Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, first on one side, then the other.
3.Cook both sides in a greased non-stick skillet until golden.


I didn't have any cinnamon sugar on hand so I just used sugar and added a pinch of salt (just because I saw it in some recipes).  While the French Toast tasted good (everybody liked it!), I am sure it would taste better with some cinnamon in it! Also, I like my French Toast thick so I got some thick slices for this recipe.

They weren't kidding when they said thick-cut slices, haha!

Oh and what is French cooking without butter?!!!  I used butter to grease the non-stick pan =)

After a few minutes. . .this is what's for breakfast. . . Tadahhhh!


Serve it with maple syrup or if you want it to be fancy, 
sprinkle some Confectioner's sugar and add fresh fruits.


Have a good day everyone!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...