Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Green Day

Ever since I was young, my parents always loved gardening and growing fruit-bearing trees and vegetables.  So growing up, I was fortunate to eat organic vegetables (like corn, eggplant, okra, calamansi) and fruits  (mangoes, star apple, santol, papaya, duhat---"java plum" in English).  And I am thankful to both of them, that I get to enjoy this healthy habit up to this day. . . as they say, some things never change.

This morning, I walked in on the kitchen and saw mom's harvest for the day . . .



And THESE!!!
Btw, these 3 came from the MARKET. . .Haha!
And this jackfruit (I know, it's super sized!) was given by a family friend

 The Game Plan . . . err I meant Meal Plan? 
 - The talbos ng kamote (one of my fave veggies) will be prepared as a salad to go with fried fish
 - Mashed sayote for the Little One
 - Upo for Dad's Pesang Isda (Fish soup)
 - Sauteed string beans for tomorrow's lunch
 - The mangoes are well. . . mangoes, haha!    
- As for the super size jackfruit (a favorite fruit of mine), some of it will be eaten fresh and some, to be used for the Ginataang Halo-Halo, a famous Filipino dessert that is also served as merienda (snacks).

Whew!  I guess we're already set for the most part of the week!

Hope you had a veggie wonderful day!

I wonder what tomorrow brings . . . to the table =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...