Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our Modern Bahay Kubo

I was at the garden and was surprised to see this . . .


Our bahay kubo (nipa hut) has a door! LOL

We had this bahay kubo for more than 10 years now.  And the door (slightly damaged) was from my sister's store.  The door isn't even latched to the hut. . . dad just thought of putting the door there, haha.  I guess he would rather use it than see it lying around! 

As I've mentioned in my Belen post, my dad has a creative side.  When we were kids, we DIDN'T have a tree house.  But he made us a house using coconut leaves.  Oh and he fixed our toilet's flush using a paper clip! Yup, he's not just creative, he is the best handyman ever!  

And with this nipa hut. . . okay, so I guess my dad is just really being creative (again!). . . or FUNNY! 

Or he just simply wants to show his take on a modern bahay kubo. LOL

I love you Daddy . . .

Thank you for giving us not just a house but a happy home.


1 comment:

Hello Balloon said...

Nothing beats a new door for the new year! Your dad sounds like a real sweet guy... Inventive too! Happy 2012!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...